After the rush of the holidays, heading back to normal life can feel rather mundane
The gifts have been given and all the delicious food consumed; in the background, the christmas music persists, but it rings slightly hollow. All the build up is now over and the tree will soon be out the door- as the decorations come down we need to be wary about our moods dropping too. We identify this vaguely empty feeling as the post-Christmas blues; but it is no time to despair. Instead turn your attention to the new year and start getting excited for 2018 by designing some personal health initiatives.
Shaking off the post-Christmas blues begins with new health objectives
At Hayes Family Chiropractic, we want 2018 to be your best year of health yet. From our office in Dunedin, we help people design health solutions that incorporate chiropractic treatment, diet and exercise to effect wholesale changes in well-being. Here are some ideas for the New Year:
- Start off by shedding those extra pounds: it can be hard to rediscover your athletic form. But if you were on a roll before the holiday season, there is no reason why you can't rediscover such form. Start slow by...
- Going for walks each morning: to release endorphins, freshen up your circulation and improve your mood.
- Stretch at least 3 times a day and start working yourself back into a steady routine of exercise.
- Give your body a boost with the vitamins you need: B-complex vitamins are particulary important for increasing serotonin production in the body.
- Do be wary of Seasonal Affective Disorder: Christmas time tempers the cold weather by providing your home with an extra layer of festive warmth. Make sure that you keep up the good vibes- even if the decorations come down, you can maintain the positive spirit of your home in other ways. Think pine scented candles and warm baths.
Jump start 2018 with chiropractic in Dunedin
And for an additional boost, check in at your Dunedin chiropractor. We are always standing by to restore spinal alignment, improve range of motion in the spinal joints and boost circulation. This combination helps set you up on the right foot to tackle all your New Year's health objectives. If you are ready to shake off the post-Christmas blues, give our office in Dunedin a call to schedule an appointment today.