- Published: Saturday, 17 June 2017 13:15
Even minor accidents have lasting consequences
In the aftermath of a car accident it can be easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of paper work, police reports, legal conversations and other parts of the fall out. But there is one thing more important than everything else: your health! In the wake of an auto-accident, we urge you to prioritize the physical well-being of you and yours.
Chiropractic's role after an accident
At our office in Dunedin, we offer the following benefits for people involved in auto accidents.
- A full physical examination to determine the extent of the trauma on your body
- Reducing pain and inflammation: many auto injuries involve micro tears to the soft tissue throughout the body and inflammation can cause a lot of pain in the days after. Chiropractic helps to minimize inflammation and jump start the healing process.
- Minimizing the growth of scar tissue: scar tissue can adhere to normal tissue and create epicenters of tightness and pain; it can even trap nerves underneath this new layer of dense, thick tissue. Keeping scar tissue at a minimum is a key way of restoring range of motion
- Restoring range of motion
It is important to remember that the sooner you detect a problem, whether it be whiplash, subluxation, damage to tissues in the back or something more serious, the sooner you can start healing. Certain injuries and related symptoms may not surface for up to weeks after the initial accident.
Chiropractic cares for people involved in auto accidents in Dunedin
As specialists in the biomechanical form of the human body, we believe strongly that anyone who has been involved in a car accident should be evaluated by a chiropractor.